Pilates Teacher Training
The Core Dynamics Pilates Teacher Training Program places its focus on developing trainees to embody the Pilates method, understand human movement as well to teach the Pilates method correctly to a wide variety of clientele versus just teaching the exercises or leading classes. Core Dynamics offers a unique ‘boutique’ program based on historical Pilates, with small class size, individual attention, mentorship experiences and a select group of highly qualified educators and affiliates. Core Dynamics is the approach to Pilates teaching that was created by Eve Gentry and developed by Michele Larsson.
Saskatoon Pilates Centre is proud to be the exclusive Canadian Teacher Training Centre for Core Dynamics since 2017.
CORE 101 is a introductory overview Pilates course for those interested in either deepening and expanding their own personal practice or beginning on the a path to become a Pilates teacher.
Next Teacher Training Dates:
Weekend 1: November 22nd – 24th, 2019
Weekend 2: January 31st – February 2nd 2020
The CORE 101 Program will consist of 2, 2 1/2 day weekends which will cover:
• Pre-Pilates and Mat exercises through Level III (intermediate)
• Reformer exercises Level I (beginner)
• Cadillac/Tower, Chair and auxiliary equipment our CORE 5 introductory exercises
• History, Pilates philosophy and principles
• Mat class design and set up
• Group teaching skills
• Equipment set-up, function and safety
Why is being a National Certified Pilates Teacher (NCPT) Important?
The Pilates Method Alliance is the international governing board that establishes standards for Pilates teacher training centres. When looking into becoming a Pilates instructor, it’s important to know whether you will only be trained to teach at your home studio, or whether you are becoming a National Certified Pilates Teacher.
Some of the benefits include:
• Certification from the only accredited credentials for Pilates
• Ability to take your certification to work at studios around the world
• An up-to-date and always improving skillset
• Inclusion in a movement to further professionalize the Pilates field
• Internationally recognized training for the increased safety of clients